Registering Classic Cars - V765 Process

All cars must be registered with the DVLA and when you purchase a new car from a dealership they will register the car for you and you will receive a V5C registration certificate which is known as the Log Book.

If you are restoring a car or importing then you will need to follow the DVLA guidelines depending upon the situation. If the car is new or being imported then you need a V55/4 registration form



classic-car-storage (3)